ENTRY POINTS / REQUIREMENTS
For 16+ entry, candidates wishing to join Downe House will be required to sit three examinations papers, two in subjects of their choice which they are currently studying and which they wish to study in the Sixth Form at Downe House and a General paper. Candidates are required to achieve a minimum of seven I/GCSE examinations at Grade B or above, preferably with A* or A in those subjects she wishes to study in the Sixth Form. A small number of scholarships are available for pupils joining us in the Sixth Form.
In the year prior to entry
- Ideally register before 31 October (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A form is then completed to facilitate the sitting of entry examinations.
- Examination papers are available from 1 November (nominated subjects x 2 and General Paper x 1).
- Papers to be sat at the nearest British Council office or at the pupil's current school by prior arrangement.
- Examination papers will be emailed directly to the British Council office and returned directly to the Downe House Registrar.
- Practice papers are available on request.
- On successful completion of examination papers, the candidate will be invited for an interview. She will be interviewed by the Head of Sixth Form and the Headmistress.
- We also require a reference from the pupils' current school and the latest school report.
- Conditional offers, subject to GCSE and IGCSE results, will be made following a satisfactory interview process, reference and school report.
We strongly recommend early registration. All offers and places are completed by April of the year prior to entry.