WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse Here's another of the incredible GCSE Art Final pieces on display in the Art Room - they are all absolutely brillia... 22 hours ago
- @DowneHouse On Easter morning, a message from “Our community is scattered throughout the world; yet we are joined... 2 days ago
- @DowneHouse Charlotte and Hannah on the Boston trip and at the finish line of the Boston Marathon @sbschoolorg 4 days ago
- @DowneHouseMusic It’s good to look back! A sneaky glimpse of the second piece presented by Polyphonix to win @barnardos Senior Choir... 4 days ago
- @DowneHouse All the GCSE Art Final pieces are on display in the Art Room - if you are coming to it's really... 4 days ago
- @DowneHouse Looking forward to hearing all about it next week ... do you all have new ears? 4 days ago