WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouseMFL @DowneHouse LIV are winners beating opposition from a number of schools. Well done girls! Thanks @MarlboroughCol fo... 4 hours ago
- @DHSport1 Well done to former scholar and netball captain Melissa who has just played her first match for Edinburgh 1st Netba... 4 hours ago
- @DowneHouseMFL Alcohol, sofa and coffee come from which language? I know it but do the @DowneHouse team? @MarlboroughCol... 4 hours ago
- @DowneHouseMFL After round one @DowneHouse in joint first place. Yay! Can we keep it up? 4 hours ago
- @DHSport1 It’s Women’s Squash Week and we are learning to umpire in PE! @englandsr @DowneHouse 4 hours ago
- @DHSixthForm Don’t be afraid to change your mind - try a range of things! Top tip from Ilaria to our new LVI. 4 hours ago