THE TEN YEAR VISION
It is our aim to ensure that Downe House moves forward and remains at the forefront of boarding education. Our girls are preparing for an increasingly demanding future and I, together with the Governors and staff, want them to have the very best preparation for life and the maximum range of opportunities, so that they can develop as rounded individuals and leave us ready to make a significant contribution to society.
It is also my hope and aspiration that Downe House should, as our Founder intended, continue to be a thriving community so that the girls benefit from strong parental involvement, the support of our alumnae and, of course, the highest calibre of staff.
We want our alumnae to benefit from supporting each other pastorally and professionally as well as have access to the Schools ongoing support. We also hope that our past parents will continue to lend their support.
Enhancing, expanding and developing our facilities in an ambitious but measured way makes up part of our plan, but ensuring we can recruit and retain the best staff is key too. To hear more about our plans visit the 10 Year Vision pages click here.
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Key Projects under consultation and development
- A new Lower School Boarding facility - creating pastoral unity opened in 2015
- A Centre for Learning - creating a heart and soul for our community for sharing learning and enrichment
- An enhanced Music School- significant improvements for our talented musicians and staff
- A new Creative Arts Centre - bringing together Art and Design in an inspirational setting
- Staff Accommodation - enhancing the provision for residential staff and their families
- Bursaries and Legacies - broadening access to Downe House
Video: Sport at Downe House
Video: Introducing Downe House
Video: 10 Year Vision
Video: CFL Timelapse
Video: Sports Scholars
Video: Lower School Boarding
Video: Welcome To Darwin
Video: Water Tower Demolition
Video: Brilliant Veyrines
Video: Downe House 10 Year Vision
Video: Lower School Boarding Timelapse
Video: Lauren's Story
Video: Lower School Boarding Final Phase
Presentation: Lower School Boarding Development
Video: An African Adventure
Video: Veyrines - Summer 2015
Photowall: Inspiring snapshots
News: What's been happening lately?
Gallery: Explore our photo albums