WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 The Holcombe cake sale is full of delicious homemade treats to raise funds for @CharlieWtrust 18 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 A very big Hello to everyone today from the - it's 19 hours ago
- @DHLowerSchool Hermitage making Christmas decorations! 21 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Children’s Day is an international celebration intended to bring nations together to promote child welfare. Marked... 1 day ago
- @GSAUK . @GSAUK conference : ‘Every young woman I know who is deeply successful has been to an all-girls school’ - Duncan... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 Good to know that so many girls at Downe House are studying languages - the Language Taster Day for the Upper Fourt... 2 days ago