WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DHUpperSchool Inspirational Woman of the Day... Dr Gladys West. @DowneHouseAGN @HolcombeDH @AGSDowneHouse @DHTedworth @DHAisholt... 2 hours ago
- @CharlotteExon In Harmz - is this our year for winning Last performance was @cadoganhall. Next stop Prelims... 2 hours ago
- @HolcombeDH Only 12 more to make! Thank you lovely ladies of the UIV! Two more exciting patterns now on offer! I wonder what el... 2 hours ago
- @DHSixthForm As we near the end of term, we are all very busy but it is even more important to get plenty of sleep. Sleep is vit... 2 hours ago
- @DHLowerSchool Congratulations to our Lower School girls for their fantastic debate. The motion was, ‘Should boys and girls be seg... 2 hours ago
- @DH_Dance1 It's nearly here! We are two weeks before Founders Weekend, and the Dance Showcase. Who else is excited? 🙋♀️... 2 hours ago