WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse is Zara in the Upper Sixth selected for her consistent enthusiasm and innovative approach for... 9 hours ago
- @DowneHouse Looking forward to tonight's speakers from the fashion industry, beauty and retail sectors at the @DHLINKS careers... 10 hours ago
- @DowneHouse Apologies to anyone experiencing difficulties getting hold of us this afternoon as the service is down. Our IT Depa... 12 hours ago
- @DowneHouse No more plastic cups! The School Council with the Leadership Team have made a plan to significantly cut down on our... 12 hours ago
- @DowneHouse Sword fights and electrocuted frogs... In the Murray Centre tonight we are looking forward to welcoming... 15 hours ago
- @DowneHouseCCA Take a look at all the fun the girls have been having since the Long Exeat! 👀💥🧁⛸️ 17 hours ago