ENTRY POINTS / REQUIREMENTS
For 16+ entry, candidates wishing to join Downe House will be required to sit three examinations papers, two in subjects which they are currently studying or which they wish to study in the Sixth Form at Downe House, and a General paper. Candidates are required to achieve a minimum of seven I/GCSE examinations at Grade B/6 or above, preferably with A*/9/8 or A/7 in those subjects she wishes to study in the Sixth Form. A small number of scholarships are available for pupils joining in the Sixth Form.
In the year prior to entry
- Register before 31 October.
- Complete the entry examinations.
- Examination papers are available from 1 November (nominated subjects x 2 and General Paper x 1).
- Papers to be taken at the nearest British Council office or at the pupil's current school by prior arrangement.
- Examination papers will be emailed to the British Council office and returned to the Downe House Registrar.
- Practice papers are available on request.
- On successful completion of examination papers, the candidate will be invited for an interview by the Head of Sixth Form and the Headmistress.
- We require a reference from the pupils' current school and the latest school report.
- Conditional offers, subject to GCSE and IGCSE results, will be made following a satisfactory interview process, reference and school report.
We strongly recommend early registration. All offers and places are completed by April of the year prior to entry.